On This Page:
Part 1 – Mission Statement
Our Mission Statement:
FCBC exists to bring people to Christ and develop them into fully mature, reproducing followers of Jesus Christ.
This means we are committed to building relationships with those around us. Our goal is to introduce our friends to Jesus Christ and encourage them to follow Him with us. FCBC is passionate about developing each follower of Jesus Christ to full maturity. We believe that mature disciples are capable of and passionate about bringing others to follow Jesus Christ. Regardless of where you are on your Spiritual journey, we invite you to join us in following the Lord Jesus.
1. That the Bible is the verbally inspired, inerrant Word of God, the all-sufficient rule of faith and practice. (1 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21; Hebrews 4:12)
2. In one God, eternally existing in three persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19; John 8:58; Psalm 90:2; Isaiah 40:28; John 1:1-2)
3. In the virgin birth, sinless perfection, bodily resurrection, and ascension into heaven of Jesus Christ, and in His present life there for us as High Priest and Advocate. (Luke 1:30-37; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Luke 20:36-43; Acts 1:8-9; Hebrews 7:22-25)
4. That mankind was created in the image of God, but disobeyed God, and thereby incurred spiritual separation from God and physical death as a consequence; and that everyone is born in sin and is a sinner by nature and practice. (Genesis 1:26-27, 3:6-7, 3:23-24; 5:5; Romans 5:12, 3:23, 6:23; James 1:15; Psalm 51:5; Ephesians 2:3)
5. That the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins as a substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood. (1 John 2:2; Acts 16:31; Romans 5:1; Romans 9;1 Peter 1:18-19)
6. In the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost. (Revelation 20:4-6, 11-15; Mark 9:47-48, 1 Thessalonians 4:17)
7. The Christian is to lead a separated life; the grace of God is sufficient for the maintenance of a godly walk, and Christ and not the law is the believer’s rule of life. (1 John 2:15-16; 2 Corinthians 6:15-17; 1 Peter 1:15-16; Romans 5:15; Galatians 2:21; John 1:17, Romans 6:14-17)
8. God created people as male or female, and His standard is that marriage exists solely between one man and one woman; He forbids any other type of human relationship involving intimate sexual activity or any attempt to alter gender by surgery or appearance. (Genesis 1:26-27, 2:22-25; Leviticus 18:22-23; Romans 1:26-27; Deuteronomy 22:5; Matthew 19:6; Mark 10:9; Romans 7:2)
In addition to the above core beliefs, our Church has also taken positions on certain topics on which Christians hold various views; for example, we believe: In the personal pretribulational, premillenial, and imminent return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. (1 Thessalonians 4:16; Revelation 22:20) and that The Holy Spirit equips each believer with spiritual gifts that are to be used to edify the church.
After receiving a traditional, warm Friendship welcome, check out the variety of ways to get connected with other members of our Friendship church family. You will find many opportunities to join others with whom you have similar interests, such as:
1. Working with our Children & Youth Sunday School Classes,
2. Attending Adult Bible Studies,
3. Praying with others at our Wednesday night Prayer Meeting,
4. Joining one or more of our Growth Groups
5. Getting involved with one or more of these Friendship Ministries:
Friendship has a variety of Outreach Ministries which provide opportunities for all ages to serve others.
Some of these are:
Project Christmas in April
Summer Youth Sports Camp
Operation Christmas Child
Backpack Meal Program
Easter Sunrise Service
Local & International Missions Support
*A Circular Process.
*Based on Biblical Principles.
*Divided into Three Phases.
Gather to Worship involves coming together in corporate worship where Christian Music, Prayer and strong Bible-based teaching are present. We serve a great and awesome God and we believe our entire lives are to be lived out in worship to him. Sunday Worship Services are at 9:00 and 10:30 am. Our Sunday Services are structured around a contemporary worship theme; but, we also include scripture readings and traditional hymns as part of the overall worship experience. Nursery services and Sunday School (from Preschool to Adults) are also provided.
Grow with Others involves coming together in small Growth Groups of 8 – 10 people where Bible study, sharing and good food are present. We believe that the best way to grow in the knowledge of God’s Word, is to study with other believers, in small groups (we call them Growth Groups) and to share how they see applications of God’s Word in their everyday life. To this end we have developed a wide variety of Growth Groups, for all ages, such as:
1. Sunday School from 10:30 to 11:45 am on Sunday’s (from Preschool to Adults).
2. Youth Group meets on Wednesday from 6:30 to 8:00 pm, for youth in 6th through 12 grades. Games, bible study, small groups, and connecting with God and friends are always on the agenda.
3. Adult Small Groups meeting at various times and locations throughout the week. In these groups, practical issues are discussed, God’s Word is studied, and encouragement, fellowship and good food is served in abundance. To see a list of Growth Groups, click HERE.
Go and Serve involves volunteering in your local church, participating in a variety of community outreach projects, going on short-term Missions trips, planting churches and/or taking a permanent position in the Mission field. We desire each person to serve in a capacity that aligns with their spiritual gifts. When you are doing something that naturally fills you up, everyone is blessed. If you do not know your spiritual gifts, please set aside 20 minutes to take our Spiritual Gifts Survey. Download the Spiritual Gifts Survey document here: Download “Spiritual Gifts Survey” then, contact our Director of Ministries, Fred Noble (email@example.com), who will be happy to help you find a place to plug in.
We believe the grace we have received from God is to be shared with all, through service, so we engage in numerous service activities, such as:
Summer Youth Sports Camp – A summer program designed to help kids improve their sports skills and to share the Gospel with kids and families in our local community.
Missions – We reach out to all people throughout the world, through support to international missions organizations, sending local church members on short-term missions trips and providing support to local organizations such as the Baltimore Rescue Mission and Project Echo, in Prince Frederick, Maryland.
Operations Christmas Child – We participate in this Samaritan’s Purse outreach effort by collecting gifts and packing shoeboxes throughout the year, for distribution to children throughout the world, in November/December of each year.
Christmas in April- in conjunction with Calvert County Inc., we repaired windows, fixed doors, did landscaping, built decks and porches and fed work teams while working on several homes in the Calvert County area.
Project Echo Meals – Once a month we bring a hot meal to the residents of the Calvert County homeless facility, Echo House.