FCBC exists to bring people to Christ and develop them into fully mature, reproducing followers of Jesus Christ.
This means we are committed to building relationships with those around us. Our goal is to introduce our friends to Jesus Christ and encourage them to follow Him with us. FCBC is passionate about developing each follower of Jesus Christ to full maturity. We believe that mature disciples are capable of and passionate about bringing others to follow Jesus Christ. Regardless of where you are on your Spiritual journey, we invite you to join us in following the Lord Jesus.
1. That the Bible is the verbally inspired, inerrant Word of God, the all-sufficient rule of faith and practice. (1 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21; Hebrews 4:12)
2. In one God, eternally existing in three persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19; John 8:58; Psalm 90:2; Isaiah 40:28; John 1:1-2)
3. In the virgin birth, sinless perfection, bodily resurrection, and ascension into heaven of Jesus Christ, and in His present life there for us as High Priest and Advocate. (Luke 1:30-37; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Luke 20:36-43; Acts 1:8-9; Hebrews 7:22-25)
4. That mankind was created in the image of God, but disobeyed God, and thereby incurred spiritual separation from God and physical death as a consequence; and that everyone is born in sin and is a sinner by nature and practice. (Genesis 1:26-27, 3:6-7, 3:23-24; 5:5; Romans 5:12, 3:23, 6:23; James 1:15; Psalm 51:5; Ephesians 2:3)
5. That the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins as a substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood. (1 John 2:2; Acts 16:31; Romans 5:1; Romans 9; 1 Peter 1:18-19)
6. In the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost. (Revelation 20:4-6, 11-15; Mark 9:47-48, 1 Thessalonians 4:17)
7. The Christian is to lead a separated life; the grace of God is sufficient for the maintenance of a godly walk, and Christ and not the law is the believer’s rule of life. (1 John 2:15-16; 2 Corinthians 6:15-17; 1 Peter 1:15-16; Romans 5:15; Galatians 2:21; John 1:17, Romans 6:14-17)
8. God created people as male or female, and His standard is that marriage exists solely between one man and one woman; He forbids any other type of human relationship involving intimate sexual activity or any attempt to alter gender by surgery or appearance. (Genesis 1:26-27, 2:22-25; Leviticus 18:22-23; Romans 1:26-27; Deuteronomy 22:5; Matthew 19:6; Mark 10:9; Romans 7:2)
In addition to the above core beliefs, our Church has also taken positions on certain topics on which Christians hold various views; for example, we believe:
In the personal pretribulational, premillenial, and imminent return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. (1 Thessalonians 4:16; Revelation 22:20) and
The Holy Spirit equips each believer with spiritual gifts that are to be used to edify the church.